Saturday, December 28, 2013

Crochet Grey Spiral Hat


Pin It

Although I have been crocheting for almost 10 years, I have pretty much stuck to afghans and the occasional scarf. Other than that, I have not tried making anything else. Well, as the cold winter months lingered and I as I roamed through Pinterest, I kept seeing these gorgeous crochet hats. Finally, I caved and decided to give it a shot. As I looked for a pattern, I found Charlotte Yue's Twizzler Crochet Hat. She is kind enough to post this pattern fro free on Ravelry and I just loved the unique spiral pattern! Her directions are easy to follow and she even gives tips to make the hat more/less slouchy and the rim tighter/looser. I chose to make it more slouchy by an additional three rows. Best of all, you can make a cute and warm hat in just a few hours!

For my hat, I used Sensations Sincerely in Charcoal Grey with a J crochet hook. This particular yarn is 100% acrylic, extremely soft, as well as very warm. One roll is large enough for about three hats! This pattern is basically made out of half-doube crochet (hdc), back-post treble crochets (bptr), back-post double crochets (bpdc), back-post half double crochets (bphdc), and front-post double crochets (fpdc). It sounds complicated, but the pattern has directions on how to create all of these stiches!




Pin It


Pin It


Hope you guys give this pattern a try. I am planning to crochet a few more in different colors for my sisters!

~Sis #2

No comments:

Post a Comment