Sunday, December 29, 2013

Crochet Cream, Lace Baby Blanket

Pin It




One of my favorite hobby is to crochet. My sister taught me to crochet when I was in college and I have been whipping out blankets ever since. After making a few large afghans for our bedroom as well as for several family members, I started crocheting baby blankets. The fun thing about baby blankets is it's a quick project with a gorgeous ending. Plus, there is always someone having a baby whether it be a family member, friend, or co-worker and a crochet blanket makes for a great gift. I found this pattern on the website, Lacy Crochet, and it is extremely easy to follow. Definitely good for any beginner!

The materials I used included:
  • Lion Brand Baby Soft Yarn in Cream
  • Susan's Bates" I9/5.50 MM Crochet Hook
  • Boye's 00/.35MM Crochet Hook-to weave in the ends of the yarn
  • Scissors
Although it is simple, it is also very elegant and would be a perfect gift for either a little boy or a little girl depending on the color used. Here is the pattern up close:

Pin It



For the edging, I kept it simple:
  • Row 1: Ch 3, counts as first dc. Turn. *Dc across, ch 2. Repeat from * around. Then sl st to join.
  • Row 2: Ch 3, counts as first dc. Turn *Dc across, ch 2. Repeat from *around. Then sl st to join.
  • Ch 1, reverse single crochet around, sl st to join.
  • Finish off and weave in ends.
Here's a look at the edging:

Pin It



Hopefully you guys will give this pattern a try. If you do let us know how it turns out!

~Sis #2

No comments:

Post a Comment